I am sure you know about Twitter and NameCheap. If you are unaware what they are, here is their brief intro.
Twitter FAQ define itself as:
Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?
You have to write in 140 characters about what you are doing at the moment. Its also termed as tweet. You can say anything, whether you are taking breakfast, planning your vacations or just going to leave your office. This video also presents a good overview of Twitter usage.
NameCheap is an approved ICANN Domain Registrar and webhosting company. It provides cheap domain name registration, renewal and transfer with lots of features like Free URL Forwarding, Free Email Forwarding, FREE WhoisGuard subscription with new domain registration and transfer. If you already have an account with them that is good. For the people who want to participate in this contest and does not have an account with NameCheap, please signup for free account at http://www.namecheap.com/signup.aspx -no purchase or credit card necessary. You can not participate in this contest without NameCheap account.
Now You should have an idea about what they both are and what can you get from them. So heading towards the NameCheap contest and their offer. NameCheap is providing us a chance to win $17,000 worth of domain and domain transfers in their The Great NameCheap Twitter Trivia Contest.
How to participate in this contest?
Participation in this contest is simply straightforward. If you are already using Twitter then just follow NameCheap. If you are not using Twitter then join and follow them. They will be posting a holiday trivia question every hour starting 1st December 2008 till 25th December 2008 on twitter. First three persons to reply to the twit with the correct answer will get a $9.69 credit to their NameCheap account. Here is an example from their contest announcement page:
1) NameCheap will send out a message in twitter that says, “What jolly man gives toys to boys and girls for Christmas?”
2) You can then send a message back that says “@namecheap Santa Claus”.
The @namecheap command send your answer to NameCheap.
To claim the credit, you should integrate your NameCheap account to your twitter account by following these steps.
- Login to your NameCheap account.
- Go to My Account > Manage Profile and choose Twitter Integration link present on the left pane.
- Enter your Twitter username and click Start Verification. Please note that you have to follow them first before start verification, otherwise they will not be able to send you verification code.
- A short code will be sent from NameCheap to your Twitter account using a direct message. Direct message is similar to Private Message (PM), no one else can see it.
- Enter the verification code on the NameCheap confirmation page. Voila! you have integerate both accounts successfully.
- Once your accounts linked, you will see a credit on your NameCheap account within few hours after winning.
Rules, if any?
Yes, here is the only rule; Each contestant can win only one domain per day. NameCheap introduced this rule to avoid having only a few people participate who game the contest. But, they are offering another incentive to keep participating.
Win iPod Nano!
NameCheap is offering 3 iPods to the people who answer the most questions correctly. This does not require you to be one of the first to answer and you can answer as many questions every day in order to add to your tally of correct answers. They will post these winners in their blog at the end of this contest. Be sure to keep playing in coming 25 days and answering as much as you can for your chance to get your hand on an iPod nano.
I am already following them and really interested to participate in this contest. Here is my Twitter profile, you can follow me in order to get more updates on this contest.